All-Star Coach and Player Selection REQUIREMENTS
All-Star teams are provided for age groups 6U through 14U. The number of teams will vary based upon age group and may change from year-to-year. It is anticipated that All-Star teams will likely play in local All-Star classification tournaments, but are not restricted to local tournaments. CAB All-Star teams are required to participate in the CAB/HV/LV All-Star Tournament on June 16-18, 2023. Each All-Star team is required to participate in at least 2 All-Star tournaments. Each team’s head coach shall determine other tournament participation.
Head Coaches and Players: Please do not volunteer or tryout if you will not be able to fulfill these All-Star requirements.
All-Star Coaches Selection Process:
COACHES WILL BE SELECTED AFTER GAMES ARE RECORDED ON MAY 6.
The coach selection process is intended to ensure fairness and maintain the goal of providing a quality All-Star experience for all players involved. The coach selection process will consist of the following:
· The All-Star head coach will be the 1st place head coach of the age division played in the regular season. If there is a tie, the tie breaker will be determined by the team that has the fewest runs allowed during the season.
· If the coach declines the invitation, the next coach in line will be offered the team.
· The head coach will have the ability to select one assistant coach prior to the All-Star team’s formation. All other assistant coaches must be selected after the team’s formation as those additional assistant coaches will come from the parents of the selected players.
· A head coach cannot be the head coach for multiple All-Star, Select, or other tournament teams during the same tournament season.
· All teams that have a chance to finish in first place must play the same amount of games prior to All-Star coaches’ selection.
The All-Star coach position is an important role. Coaches serve as ambassadors of the League and represent the City of Corinth. It is expected that the coaches will demonstrate professionalism and sportsmanship reflective of CAB values in all contexts and interactions while in the role. The board has the authority to replace coaches should these expectations not be upheld.
All-Star Player Selection Process:
· Players must try out for All-Star teams in the same age group they participated in that qualifying Spring season.
· Each team’s head coach will send the board 6 players, per age group (7U, 8U, 9U, 10U, 11U, 12U, 13U, and 14U), nominated for their excellence by Thursday, April 27, 2023.
· The board will distribute a master ballot sheet from all the nominated players in that division on Friday, April 28, 2023.
· Head coaches will review the ballot and vote for up to 6 players that are NOT from their team and submit it to the board by Sunday, May 7, 2023.
· The coaches’ voting results may result in numerous players selected or none. This will be announced by the board Wednesday, May 10, 2023.
· If a player receives over 50% in votes, he or she will automatically make the All-Star team and does not need to tryout.
· All Corinth Area Baseball Rec League Players are eligible to try out for the All-Star Team on Saturday, May 13, 2023.
· CAB 2023 All-Star Teams will be Announced by the league Wednesday, May 17, 2023.
· The Corinth Crushers Select Director has the responsibility for selecting the drills the players will need to demonstrate during the tryout. The skills will be instructed with the help of select coaches (if available) and evaluated by the All-Star head coach.
· The All-Star head coach will select the remaining players needed to fill a roster of 12 players (unless number of players modified by the League Commissioner.) The All-Star head coach will have sole discretion of team roster.
· Any player named to an All-Star roster cannot participate on another CAB All-Star team tournament that season without written approval by the League Commissioner.
Tryout dates and times will be posted on the league website. Under no circumstance can All-Star activities interfere with any recreational game, league championship tournament game or scheduled events.
At most of our youth levels, we will offer alternate positions to a small group of players for post season play. The number of alternates positions offered depends on a variety of factors, but here is a rundown of what it is and how it works.
• An alternate is exactly like a full time player, except they do not play tournaments unless other full time players cannot attend AND the coach extends an invite to play in the tournament. Alternates get uniforms, come to practices, and all other non-tournament related events and functions.
HOW IT WORKS...
• Once we receive all tournament rsvp's back from full-time players, coaches will extend the invitation to the tournament, if needed. There is no guarantee that an alternate will get to play in a tournament. We ask that you are prepared on the tournament weekends to play, or let your coach know if unavailable.
WHAT IT COSTS...
• There is no upfront cost. If an alternate is invited to play in a tournament, then the alternate player will need to pay their portion of the tournament fee prior to the tournament beginning. Approximately $50-$75 per occurrence.